in Uncategorized

Marriage Licenses: Which County Do I File In?

marriage license

In the wonderful whirl of wedding planning the question of marriage licenses pops up as you approach your big day. Once you realize that you need a marriage license, the next question is where do you get one? The answer depends on where you live and where you intend to get married.

If you live in the United States and plan to get married in the county, the question of marriage licenses boils down to counties. Many engaged couples assume that they should file for a marriage license in the county in which they live. This assumption is true, as long as your wedding is going to be in the same county. However, if you are planning a wedding in a county outside of where you reside, you will need to file for a marriage certificate there.

Each county had different rules and timelines in relation to marriage license filing. You may need to file 30 days prior to your wedding, both file in person or receive a discount if you have proof of marriage counseling (we’re not kidding). Get all the information you need for your county marriage certificate at MarriageLicenseNow, the free online guide for brides!

Leave a Reply

Help other engaged couples with a comment! Did you find this info useful, how was your office experience, did you like/dislike a particular clerk? Share a comment, and as a perk save $5 on the MissNowMrs married name change service! (Your email address will not be published.)

Leave a Comment *
You may use these HTML tags and attributes: <a href="" title=""> <abbr title=""> <acronym title=""> <b> <blockquote cite=""> <cite> <code> <del datetime=""> <em> <i> <q cite=""> <s> <strike> <strong>
Your name*